Visit the Wellington Tunnels
Their brilliant idea: the New-Zealand Tunnellers were in charge of linking up the quarries to create a true underground network where 24,000 soldiers could be quartered, waiting for the offensive to start.
After going down 20 metres deep in a lift, the audio-guided tour, accompanied by a guide, takes the visitors into the intimacy of the place. The raising to the surface, in the footsteps of the soldiers, will lead you to the shock of the battle, which you will experience through the projection of a film.
Opening hours: From Tuesday to Sunday from 10.00 am to 12.30 pm and from 2.00 pm to 6.00 pm.
Guided and audio-guided tours only. Regular departures. BOOKING RECOMMENDED. Please arrive on spot 10 MINUTES before the tour starts.
Maximum 17 people per visit. The visit lasts 1h15. Please bring warm clothing.
For the visit :
- Mandatory health pass from 21 July 2021.
- Wearing a mask is compulsory, single-use masks are available for sale on site for those who do not have one.
- Wearing of a cap (provided) under the safety helmet is compulsory for visits to the (underground) quarry.
- Safety helmet must be worn. (Provided)
- Luggage storage is neutralised